Wausau, touted as Wisconsin’s best place to play in the snow, is an incredibly popular winter destination. Wausau’s dedication to winter sports is on display each year, during the increasingly popular Badger State Winter Games. Do you have plans to come to the Wausau area for the popular Badger State Winter Games? If not, you should. With events kicking off at the end of January, now is a great time to book your lodging. The Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel features unmatched luxury in the hip town of Wausau, making this the perfect place to stay while in Wausau. Don’t hesitate; book your room today!
Badger State Winter Games Schedule
- January- March, 2017 – Find Lodging Now!
- Alpine Skiing: Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Archery: Friday-Sunday, January 20-22, 2017
- Archery NASP: Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Adult Hockey: Friday – Sunday January 27th – 29th, 2017
- Benchpress & Deadlift: Saturday, February 25th, 2017
- Billiards: Friday – Saturday, February 3-4, 2017
- Bowling: Saturday, January 14, 2017′
- Wausau CrossFit Winter WODfest: Saturday February 25, 2017
- Curling: Friday-Sunday, February 3-5, 2017
- Disc Golf: Saturday, February 25, 2017
- eGames: Friday-Sunday, January 6-8, 2017
- Fat Tire Bike Racing: Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Figure Skating: Thursday- Sunday, January 26-29, 2017
- Gymnastics: Info coming soon, check back for details
- Martial Arts: Saturday January 21, 2017
- Nordic Skiing: Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Pistol Shooting: Saturday, Februrary 4, 2017
- Platform Tennis: Saturday, February 18, 2017
- Ski Jumping: Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Snowshoeing: Sunday, January 29, 2017
- Snowboarding: Info coming soon Event will be at Granite Peak Ski Resort
- Table Tennis: Saturday & Sunday March 11 & 12, 2017
- Trap Shooting: Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Youth Hockey: January 6-8, January 27-29, & February 17-19, 2017
- Youth Snowmobiling: Sunday January 29th, 2017
Once you’ve finished watching or participating in the Badger State Winter Games for the day, retire back to the luxurious accommodations at our Boutique Hotel, where you’ll find everything you need to enjoy your time in Wausau. When you have some time to spare, we are located just a few short blocks away from the many delicious restaurants, museums, and shops of downtown Wausau. Here are just a few of our favorite things about Wausau, all easily accessible from our boutique hotel:
- The Woodson Art Museum, which features a permanent collection of paintings, graphics and sculptures primarily focusing on birds.
- The Yawkey House Museum provides visitors with an exceptional example of the work by architect George W. Maher.
- Sample the Wausau’s craft breweries, including Bull Falls Brewery, Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company, and the Red Eye Brewing Company.
- Enjoy a secluded outdoor whirlpool soaks at Hot Haus Spa
- Catch any of the live performances at The Grand Theater.
- Experience a traditional MidWest Supperclub. Dinner at the Pinewood Supper Club, one of the top-ranked in the state of Wisconsin, will be a meal you won’t soon forget. Other great places for dinner include the City Grill Bistro, and Back When Café.
- Explore the boutique and specialty stores that line the brick-paved streets in the River District.
- Unwind with the nightly wine and cheese reception at the beautiful Stewart Inn, before retiring to the luxurious comfort of your room.
Don’t miss the opportunity. Book your room at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel today!