If you are looking for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin, Wausau has everything you are looking for to make it perfect! From incredible dining to museums to reconnecting to nature, there is no shortage of fun things to do here that will help you relax and leave your stresses behind for a few days. The centrally located town of Wausau WI is surrounded by lakes, forests, and hills. The historic downtown includes a beautiful city square. Wausau offers big-city amenities with the look and feel of a small-town. There is always something to see and do here and this kind of weekend getaway is just what you need.
Let our Wausau boutique hotel be the perfect lodging for your weekend getaway here! We are located on the edge of the Andrew Warren Historic District and our 1906 prairie-style mansion was designed by Arts and Crafts architect George Maher. The elegant historic ambiance of our bed and breakfast is seen throughout the inn as much of the original architectural details of the home were kept beautifully intact. You’ll be able to relax and unwind in the tranquil setting of this gorgeous space. If you want the best place to escape to this spring, book your stay with us today!
The Perfect Weekend Getaway in Wisconsin
There is a lot to see and do in Wausau and the surrounding areas, so when you are planning your escape here it’s best to know what kind of getaway you are looking for. Do you want a vacation full of outdoor activities to get in touch with nature? Do you want to wander through beautiful museums and learn the history of the area? Would you rather stroll through historic parts of downtown while shopping for the perfect souvenir? You can do all of this and more on a trip to Wausau! Here are 5 great ideas of things to do on your weekend getaway in Wisconsin this spring.
- Wausau has its fair share of museums and if you are a history buff this is the place for you! A visit to one, or more, of the many museums here, is a must as a part of a perfect weekend getaway in Wisconsin. The Marathon County Historical Society includes two incredible facilities where you’ll learn all about the history of this Central Wisconsin town. These are the Yawkey House Museum and the Woodson History Center. If you are an art lover, be sure to stop by the Wausau Center for the Visual Arts and the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum to see changing world-class exhibits.
- A perfect weekend getaway in Wisconsin should definitely include some reconnecting to nature and there is no shortage of places to do that near Wausau! The Wisconsin River flows right through town and makes a great place to get in a try some kayaking. If you are looking for some hiking head to Rib Mountain State Park for a great day-use area and spectacular views. Wandering among the picturesque Monk Botanical Gardens may be more your speed to unwind and be out in nature.
- With all the exploring you’ll want a great place to get lunch and dinner for your perfect weekend getaway in Wisconsin. Back When Cafe serves up farm-to-table American style cuisine. Pinewood Supper Club in Mosinee continues in the tradition of supper clubs for a memorable meal. If you are looking for a good beer, try the Red Eye Brewing Company that serves artisan food and craft brews. Thrive Foodery offers unique selections as well as Basil Restaurant’s eclectic menu.
- Perhaps shopping and wandering around a beautiful downtown should be a part of your weekend getaway in Wisconsin. In the Andrew Warren Historic District, you can view charming homes built between 1868 and 1934. There are brightly colored murals to wander around and see over in Wittenburg. 3rd Street is a destination for locally-owned boutiques and great dining options.
- Part of your perfect weekend getaway in Wisconsin should, no doubt, include a stay at our tranquil boutique hotel. The beauty of the rich, historical architecture, combined with luxury accommodations will be the ultimate place to relax and truly enjoy your weekend. Come back after a morning or afternoon of exploring to unwind in your guest room or just take in the quiet ambiance of our Wausau inn.
The Best Wausau Lodging
Let our Wausau bed and breakfast be your escape from the every day with a weekend getaway in Wisconsin this spring! Our accommodations are what weekends were made for. You can retreat to your beautiful guest room where the historical ambiance continues, some rooms having original fireplaces and other architectural details in place.
You’ll enjoy a multi-course breakfast to help get your day started out right, a king or queen size bed fitted with fine linens, spa robes to get comfortable in, private bathrooms, and much more! We even have a hotel cookie jar for those mid-day or midnight snacks. You deserve to get away for a weekend and escape the ordinary. If you want the perfect place for the ultimate getaway in Wisconsin this spring, book your stay with us today!