Valentines Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air. Can you feel the excitement building? It’s an incredibly popular time of year to get married or engaged. If you find yourself among the newly engaged this year, you’ll have plenty of decisions to make for the foreseeable future. Dresses, flowers, venues, guests, and more will consume your every waking thought. Or, maybe you’re not getting married, but are looking for the perfect venue for your small event? The Stewart Inn would like to help make at least one of your decisions easier. Read on, and discover why The Stewart Inn is the perfect destination for small weddings and events in Wausau. Once you’re convinced, call us to finalize plans for your upcoming events today!
Weddings & Events at the Stewart Inn
In honor of Valentines Day this year, we thought it would be fun to take a look at the Stewart Inn, and all of the ways it can meet your needs as a venue for small weddings and events. The Stewart Inn is housed in an elegant and beautifully restored 1906 Prairie style mansion. It was originally designed by George Maher, who is considered to be one of the founders of the American Arts and Crafts movement. Inside, you’ll find original chandeliers, sconces, decorative fireplaces and stained glass windows. The open floor plan of the living room at the Stewart Inn, which features approximately 600 square feet of space, can accommodate up to 50 guests, and would provide a picturesque setting for small weddings and events.
Are you coming from afar to have your wedding or event at the Stewart Inn? Or do you just want to enjoy an upscale staycation with us after your event? We consider Wausau to be Wisconsin’s best kept secret; a true hidden gem! We’re located in the beautiful Andrew Warren historic district, and a few short blocks from everything downtown Wausau has to offer. Here are just a few of our favorite nearby things to do once your here:
- Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding at Granite Peak can’t be beat, and is easily considered the best skiing destination in Wisconsin.
- Cross country ski or snowshoe at at the Ringle Marsh, the Big Eau Pleine Park Trail, or the Nine Mile County Forest Recreation Area. There are even lighted trails for some incredible night skiing.
- Enjoy an evening of nostalgia. Wausau has both indoor and outdoor ice skating rinks, but the most popular is the Mosinee Recreation Center.
- View the stunning collection of historic and contemporary paintings, graphics and sculptures primarily focusing on birds, at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.
- Visit Wausau’s microbreweries; Bull Falls Brewery, The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co., and Red Eye Brewing.
- Catch a Broadway performance, a music act, or a comedy show at The Grand, or enjoy local theater at the Wausau Community Theater.
- Savor the up and coming food scene in downtown Wausau. Favorites are the Back When Cafe, Mint Cafe, City Grill, and the Pinewood Supper Club.
Whatever it is that catches your eye in the rugged, sophisticated town of Wausau, it’s nice to know you’ll have the elegant accommodations at the Stewart Inn to come home to. Here, you’ll find an unparalleled selection of beautifully appointed rooms and luxury amenities, complete with the warm Midwest hospitality you’d expect to find in Wisconsin. With a variety of specials and enhancements to choose from as well, your stay is sure to meet the highest of expectations. Call us today, and see why we should be your preferred destination for small weddings and events in Wausau! (262)-599-6258.