Next time you visit us in Wausau, WI, make sure you include a visit to one of these extraordinary Wausau Restaurants in your itinerary! Wausau is a great place to visit at any time of the year. In winter, there’s plenty of skiing, cross country skiing, and other outdoor activities, and the same can be said in the spring, summer, and fall–though without the obvious snow. When the sun comes out, Wausau’s beauty truly shines. We’re surrounded by lush forests and beautiful lakes and rivers, which open themselves up perfectly for outdoor enthusiasts.
Beyond just being a fun place to go, Wausau is also home to a thriving arts community. It’s home to the incredible Grand Theatre and the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum of Art. Though it offers amenities you’d expect in bigger cities, Wausau retains its characteristic Northwoods Charm. Here, you’ll enjoy a getaway like no other. After a day of adventure, we invite you to dine at one of the best restaurants in Wausau Wi, followed by pure relaxation and pampering at our Boutique Hotel. Book your room at the best Wausau Hotel today!
The Best Restaurants in Wausau WI
Wausau has been steadily gaining ground as a great getaway destination in Wisconsin, thanks in part to the notoriety of Granite Peak Ski Area. A Great ski town like Wausau has to have great amenities. We can wholeheartedly say that Wausau does not disappoint. Wausau is only about 2 hours north of Madison, Wisconsin, and about 3 hours north of Milwaukee and Minneapolis / St. Paul. It’s pretty easy to get to, and there’s plenty to do in Wausau WI once you’re here.
Though it may seem like a rugged midwest city on the outside, Wausau truly is a city chocked full of surprises. Wausau Restaurants are definitely not an exception, either. This small town is filled with some truly wonderful restaurants, some of which could even rival those found in bigger cities. You’ll find a whole range of places to eat in Wausau WI, including local pub fare, classic diners, outstanding ethnic cuisine, farm-to-table fare, high-end fine dining, and traditional supper clubs.
Here are 13 of our favorite Wausau Restaurants. Add these gems to your itinerary, and come explore the incredible town of Wausau WI with us!
- Lemongrass Asian Fusion Restaurant & Bar is one of the newest Wausau Restaurants, and it opened to much fanfare, bring both Thai and Vietnamese flavors to town. The owners own a sister restaurant in California that has been open for a decade. So far, it’s nothing but rave reviews for this welcome newcomer to the Wausau restaurant scene.
- Ciao is another relatively new restaurant in Wausau serving up delicious Italian cuisine. They also have a fantastic wine and cocktail list, and even occasionally feature live music.
- If you’re in the mood for a good steak, head to Wish Steakhouse. They serve only the finest and choice cuts of beef. They also seasonally grow all of their own vegetables and herbs on-premise.
- For a romantic dinner for two, head to the Back When Café. This fine-dining restaurant has been listed as one of the top 16 most romantic places to eat in all of Wisconsin. Their humble name can be a bit misleading, but inside, you’ll enjoy some of the best upscale, seasonal eats in all of Wausau.
- There is nothing more Wisconsin than dinner at an old-fashioned Supper Club. The best one to go to in this general area is Pinewood Supper Club. It is one of the top-rated clubs in the state.
- Enjoy the delicious craft brews and classic pub fare at Red Eye Brewing Company. Their food may seem simple upon first glance, but they put a lot of time and effort into producing high-quality and consistent products. Dining here is always a pleasure.
- Two other great places in town to enjoy Asian cuisine are Masa Sushi Grill and the Asian Fusion cuisine at Basil. You can’t go wrong with any of them!
- If you’re looking for something quick and easy, you can’t go wrong with Fat Joes Pizza. Don’t miss your opportunity to try their sinful maple knots at the end of the night, either! Other great casual restaurants include Mykenos, La Taqueria, La Prima, and the Mint Cafe.
Stay at the Best Boutique Wausau Hotel
Not only are these Wausau Restaurants worth the trip, but most of them are easily walkable from our hotel. Our prime location near downtown Wausau is, of course, one of the top reasons to stay with us. But beyond great location, we offer the finest luxury accommodations in Wausau, and the best service you could hope for. Staying at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel is simply an experience worth having, whether for a special occasion or when you just need to relax and get away.
Our mouth is watering just thinking about some of these restaurants, and we bet yours is, too. It’s past time to come visit us in beautiful Wausau WI. Book your room at our luxury Boutique Hotel today, and let us know if we can help you make dinner plans while you’re here!